Saturday, October 6, 2012

8:47am
Today's first random walk..... Learning HTML for free. Already I've gone to the "nofollow" information as I post my link. Can't say I totally understand the information but I get the idea behind it. Well here I go. I'll be back to shortly to post my gleaned knowledge from today random walk.

First stop: What can you do with HTML? Ok so I've learned that HTML is a special language that can create a web page. This is a special language that helps direct humans and computers to your content. If you learn HTML you can use it in your job, you can also use web editors that show the HTML code or not, apparently this helps you troubleshoot problems that can occur if you can understand how they occur by knowing the special language.

Next up: What is a HTML tag or element HTML? The terms “tag” and “element” are used to mean the same thing—an HTML item that will define something on your web page. From what i understand when you write HTML you use these tags that are made up of specific stuff, ie:
  • A less-than sign <
  • A word or character
  • Optional space followed by:
  • Any number of optional HTML attributes in the form of a name="value" pair
  • And finally a greater-than sign >
example:
<p>
<html>
<small> 


When arranged properly in specific order these signs and symbol will layout your web page in a very specific way according to your tags or elements. These tags/elements can also have attributes assigned to them which will be contained in the tag lines, these attributes have specific things they do, like assigning where a picture will go, what color or size the font will be, where page breaks will occur, etc. They suggest you simply memorize all the different tags so that you can use them to create the pages you want. I'm going to check out the list next.


HTML Tags Just by perusing these pages I can tell you that simply memorizing the tags is an impossible feat. There are many tags for HTML and XHTML so memorizing them simply is probably pretty impossible at least for a rookie. I'm sure that as you work with HTML the common tags will be easy to memorize and after many years of use you could probably memorize many of them. I probably, however, will use a cheat sheet of the HTML tags available. I'll save this link on my desktop to refer to. Here is a example, check out this link to see what I'm talking about. HTML 5 tags

Basic (X)HTML Tags for a Web Site

Ok here's is the last stop on my random walk for Learning HTML for Free. These are all the basic HTML tags that are needed on a basic web page. These are pretty awesome, creating something form nothing. I'm looking forward to trying to set up a basic web page. I'm not really sure where to do that, but since this is my first of probably many looks at learning HTML I will up date you with additional information. For now check out what a basic web page will look like with the HTML tags.
A sample Web page would look like this:
 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 <html>
 <head>
 <title>
 This is the title of the page.
 </title>
 </head>
 <body>
 The body text goes here.
 </body>
 </html>
_______
Ok I've tried it out after finding a really simple link for the real HTML rookie Building a web page for the totally lost. This was awesome because the result of doing this one is your first web page. See mine here: Kitty's first web page yours will look exactly the same but oh wow, the satisfaction of just getting this up. Makes me feel as if the last hour of learning wasn't in vain. Good luck with yours, k

No comments:

Post a Comment